After weeks of denial of having no interest in politics or in presidential race, finally, the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Mr Godwin Emefiele has been pushed into the race by friends and associates.
Allcitynews.ng learnt from a report that the governor was pushed into the race by his friends and associates who bought form for him.
The friends and associates of Emefiele, picked the All Progressives Congress (APC), presidential nomination form for the him around 11: 15 am on Friday 6 May 2022.
This swells the numbers of presidential aspirants.
Though the number keeps growing larger on daily basis. As at today, 6 May 2022, seven people under just one party, APC, are to contest for one Aso Rock seat:
(1) The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo,
(2) Former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi,
(3) Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi,
(4) Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello,
(5) Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonna Onu,
(6) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
(7) CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele.